Non-Physical Ways to Pay Someone a Compliment
As women, we are not always aware of the many ways diet culture infiltrates every aspect of our lives. One of the ways it sneaks in, is by us ladies focusing mainly on our physical appearance and therefore that of our friends or acquaintances. I am 💯 guilty of complimenting my female friends on their physical appearance. We don't do this to the men in our lives. This is how us women have learned that we are valued solely by our beauty.
In an effort to do better, I came across the following non-physical compliments by Sara Kuburic, @millennial.therapist. I have been working on using compliments that focus on the core, not merely the surface, of a person.
Examples of Non-Physical Compliments
* "I constantly learn from you."
* "The way you treat people is beautiful."
* "You are such a great listener. I always feel heard."
* "I appreciate how authentically you show up."
* "Your confidence is something I aspire to."
* "You make me feel like I belong."
* "Your strength is inspiring."
* "I love that you don't hesitate to apologize."
* "I really admire your passion for self-exploration."
* "I love how transparent you are."
* "You bring out the best in me."
* "You're dependable. I always feel safe around you."
* "I respect how you stand up for what you believe in."
Please share any other non-physical compliments that you use in the comments below. 👇🏽 Let's inspire each other to move beyond the physical, 3D aspects of our current reality, into 5D. The time for us women to work together in community is now. So much love my goddesses.
This article is for educational and informational purposes only. It is not, nor is it intended to be, a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment and should never be relied upon for specific medical advice.
Dawn Rising is community supported. When you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.